Re: List of evil ex commands?

From: Random832
Subject: Re: List of evil ex commands?
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 00:52:28 -0400

> On 10/31/2015 03:23 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
>> I am using 'nvi' because it is the closest to the original BSD vi
>> program that is available by free(dom) license.

You might be interested in the heirloom project's vi. I downloaded it
mainly because I was curious about what open mode (a mode for supporting
terminals that are too dumb for a full-screen editor, including special
support for hardcopy teletypes) was, something apparently no clone has
ever implemented.

http://ex-vi.sourceforge.net

Q is a key, not a :command. I think there's some form of documentation
that carefully refers to these as "vi commands" vs "ex commands", that
may be where you got the misconception.

Kendall Shaw <kshaw@kendallshaw.com> writes:
> Sorry, I am conflating some things. My train of thought was that it's
> called ex because it switched/switches to ex mode in vi that was on
> either Ultrix, Berkeley Unix or SunOS 4.x.

No idea, since it doesn't do it on heirloom project vi either, and none
of the versions on the unix heritage society's archive (including many
BSD versions and Ultrix-11) appear to have any code designed to do this.