Re: Feeling lost without tabs

From: Dirk-Jan C. Binnema
Subject: Re: Feeling lost without tabs
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 17:46:04 +0200

On Tuesday Nov 03 2015, Yuri Khan wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 8:07 PM,  <swe20144@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It's been almost 1.5 years, After trying various alternatives like tabbar
>> mode,
>> I've finally gotten used to C-x b
>> Surprisingly, I like it.  Now I'm trying to bring this to the other
>> application I spend a lot of time on: my web browser.
> […]
>> Is there a chrome extension I haven't learnt about
>> yet?
>
> If you are not particularly attached to Chrome, then maybe look at
> Conkeror (not to be confused with Konqueror).

Conkeror is nice, but can be a bit difficult to combine with other
Firefox extensions.

However, there is an extension "Keysnail" for Firefox which gives you a
regular Firefox with some emacs-like behaviors added to that (including
the "C-x b" binding).

Keysnail has its own plugins, and e.g. the "HoK" one is quite nice,
giving you on-screen shortcuts for access links through your keyboard,
just like Conkeror (and ace-jump-mode, eno etc. in emacs) do.

https://github.com/mooz/keysnail/wiki

Cheers,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema                  Helsinki, Finland
e:djcb@djcbsoftware.nl           w:www.djcbsoftware.nl