Inserting ே and க்ஷ without the dotted circle

From: Shakthi Kannan
Subject: Inserting ே and க்ஷ without the dotted circle
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 23:14:39 +0530

Hi,

I am using fonts-lohit-taml-classical 2.5.3-2 font on a Ubuntu 14.10
system. With Tamil Unicode character and GNU Emacs 24.5.1, I am able to
enter  ே and க்ஷ (க்ஷ = க + ் + ஷ) separately.

#1 I have a word where I need both the characters put together, but,
without the dotted circle. How can this be done?

I can open the font sources using FontForge:

https://fedorahosted.org/releases/l/o/lohit/lohit-tamil-classical-2.5.3.tar.gz

and when I click on U+0BC7, I see the glyph for ே, but, without the dotted
circle. But, the definition in Unicode has the dotted circle:

  http://www.charbase.com/0bc7-unicode-tamil-vowel-sign-ee

#2 Where is this behaviour defined for such characters?

#3 Suppose I add a new glyph to one of the available Unicode slots in the
font sources, where in Emacs should this be defined in order to use the
same?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!

SK