Re: Inserting ே and க்ஷ without the dotted circle

From: Shakthi Kannan
Subject: Re: Inserting ே and க்ஷ without the dotted circle
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 09:37:53 +0530

Hi Eli,

--- On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 12:34 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
| In lisp/language/indian.el, search for "tamil-composable-pattern".
\--

I see the mapping of characters now.

---
| Sorry, I don't understand the question.  You want this new glyph to be
| available for a codepoint that is different from U+0BC7?
\--

Yes. I guess I just have to add the unicode to the table in
tamil-composable-pattern as part of the consonants.

Sorry, for not being clear, the context is as follows:

In GNU Emacs, I am able to enter ஸ் + ரீ in a file. But, if I open the
same file in Gedit or in the browser (Chromium), it gets rendered or
composed correctly as ஸ்ரீ. I don't see this character in the Ubuntu
Monospace font that I use in Gedit and the browser.

Should I create a new glyph for ஸ்ரீ in the font, and add its unicode
number to the table in tamil-composable-pattern, or, can this
composition be made possible in GNU Emacs?

Thanks for your prompt replies,

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan