Re: Migration from define-key to bind-key with prefix-command

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: Migration from define-key to bind-key with prefix-command
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 13:54:57 +0100

* Alex Kost <alezost@gmail.com> wrote:
> Karl Voit (2015-11-09 15:55 +0300) wrote:
>
>> How can I define "define-key" commands with a global prefix-command to
>> bind-key(s) syntax?
>
> Do you mean you want to use 'bind-key' package from
> <https://github.com/jwiegley/use-package/>?

Yes. However, I installed it from (M)Elpa directly.

> If so, you can use something like this:
>
> (bind-keys
> :prefix-map my-map
> :prefix-docstring "My favourite map"
> :prefix "C-c ,"
>  ("-" . text-scale-decrease)
>  ("+" . text-scale-increase))
>
> You are not forced to use a single spot.  You can add keys to your map
> later:
>
> (bind-keys
> :map my-map
>  ("f" . forward-char)
>  ("b" . backward-char))
>
> or:
>
> (bind-key "RET" 'hanoi my-map)

Great!

My first attempts did overwrite each other but your examples made
everything clear to me. I was able to migrate my config to bind-key
thanks to you.

Greetings from Graz/Austria!

--
All in all, one of the most disturbing things today is the definitive
fact that the NSA, GCHQ, and many more government organizations are