Re: error when trying to add a new rss feed

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: error when trying to add a new rss feed
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 22:20:38 +0100

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:

> (require 'mm-url)
> (defadvice mm-url-insert (after DE-convert-atom-to-rss () )
>   "Converts atom to RSS by calling xsltproc."
>   (when (re-search-forward "xmlns=3D\"http://www.w3.org/.*/Atom\"";
>                            nil t)
>     (goto-char (point-min))
>     (message "Converting Atom to RSS... ")
>     (call-process-region (point-min) (point-max)
>                          "xsltproc"
>                          t t nil
>                          (expand-file-name "~/atom2rss.xsl") "-")
>     (goto-char (point-min))
>     (message "Converting Atom to RSS... done")))
>
> (ad-activate 'mm-url-insert)

So this is how you do it. It sure looks complicated
enough but I've seen that piece of code elsewhere so
I suppose it is good. Still, if it is good, it should
be packetized somehow so not everyone would have it
yanked in their init files! But anyway...

1. You already have Gwene so that I'd try first!

2. Otherwise try this - say you want this feed:

       http://www.dn.se/nyheter/m/rss/

   It is to the biggest morning paper i Sweden, the
   one then-prime-minister Göran Person correctly
   described as "a really scary paper"... So here we
   just use it for testing purposes!

   In the Gnus group buffer, hit

       G R http://www.dn.se/nyheter/m/rss/ RET RET RET

   Then you should have it.