Re: Customizing faces

From: Random832
Subject: Re: Customizing faces
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 00:09:08 -0500

> You can do all of these things using Emacs Lisp.  See
> `Defining Faces' in the Elisp manual:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Defining-Faces.html
>
> But with the Customize UI you can currently define only one
> set of face attributes for a given face.

That's not true. When I start customizing a face, I can click the
"State" button and select the "For All Kinds of Displays" menu item to
get a UI for specifying attributes depending on display properties. What
I am asking is how/if, having saved such a face, I can get back to the
same UI for further editing.

And anyway, none of this really answers my other question, which was
whether it is possible to use multiple face specs that all apply to
one display (one for color displays, one for displays of a particular
type, etc), and have them all be applied.

I also can't figure out how to have it go down a list of font families
trying each one, unless I'm just meant to define a bunch of different
face specs using "supports" specifiers.