Re: Any examples of using request.el?

From: inigoserna
Subject: Re: Any examples of using request.el?
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 09:39:23 +0000

Hi,

November 17 2015 10:38 PM, "Marcin Borkowski" <mbork@mbork.pl> wrote:
> I've written a small package using the request.el library. However,
> since I know next to nothing about the web's inner workings, I didn't
> really know how to use it well. In particular I mean error handling.
> Are there any packages using request.el out there so that I could study
> their code?
>
> I'm especially interested in /synchronous/ calls (I neither need nor
> want asynchronous ones in my library), but anything will do.

I'm not a elisp coder, just an apprentice, but I was able to build an emacs
front-end for my python web-based news reader using request.el in a few days -
it was quite easy -, so I guess it could be an useful look.

There isn't an official release with this feature yet, but you can see the code
at:
https://bitbucket.org/inigoserna/mynewspaper4/src/2a5b15a9e82e41546da5ea430695d787f26954e7/tools/mynewspaper.el?at=default

Hope it helps,
IƱigo Serna