Re: It's almost 2016 and when (single-threaded) Emacs hangs, you gotta b

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: It's almost 2016 and when (single-threaded) Emacs hangs, you gotta be smashing your keyboard!
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 22:43:43 +0100

Hi Bob,

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

> P.S. Emacs has been rock solid for me for the last decade.  I can't
> remember the last time I experienced an emacs crash.  Bugs in
> behavior?  Sure.  But no crashes.

Until I bought an OS X machine (yeah, this is lame), I would have argued the
same: decades of stability and reliability. Now, my uptime is quite
ridiculous: few days at most (full crash + sometimes, OS reboot ... ).

I am using (home)brew version, maybe that's explain this (new) behavior ;)

-- Xavier.