Re: [orgmode/cygwin] Export as PDF

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [orgmode/cygwin] Export as PDF
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 22:11:28 +0100

Xavier Maillard <lists.emacs.help@xavier.maillard.im> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am writing a documentation at work and instead of using the usual MS stuff,
> I have decided to try to do it using orgmode and then I'd like to export it as
> a neat PDF file.
>
> What do I need to install ? How should I customize emacs/orgmode for this ?

You should be able to press C-c C-e and get an export menu.  It should
allow plaintext, html and LaTeX out of the box.  For latex, you need to
install a TeX distribution.  Texlive is the best choice if you are on
GNU/Linux or windows.

Additionally, you could load ox-odt for odt export ("LibreOffice") or
ox-texinfo for info files.  The latter produces very nice manuals IMO; see
e.g. Emacs manuals, the Org manual or the Magit manual (which is produced
via ox-texinfo, last I checked).

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--