How to IRC?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: How to IRC?
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 15:36:54 +0100

Hi all,

I'm an (almost) complete newbie wrt IRC.  How do I start?  The EmacsWiki
page is basically a bunch of people stating that ERC is great.  That is
cool, but I'd like to learn how to use that (I found some general IRC
links there, so that part can be considered solved) and choose an
(Emacs-based, of course) IRC client.  What are the differences bewteen
(many) existing clients?  Any hints which might help me decide?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University