universal call-process-region for both the local and remote usages - con

From: vibrys
Subject: universal call-process-region for both the local and remote usages - confusion
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 18:03:13 +0100

Hallo Emacs users

I'm planning to adapt the emacs module to work remote locations. It heavily uses call-process-region.

AFAIK: call-process-region does not work for remote site.

What is the tramp-aware replacement for it?

I found org-babel-tramp-handle-call-process-region to be the one?
But it is not in emacs trunk.
Why? I mean, is it some other legal function? Is there something wrong with org-babel-* one, os that is wasn't added to trunk?

regards,

Vi