Re: can someone help me with the image elisp API

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: can someone help me with the image elisp API
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 18:23:52 +1100

Jim Newton <jimka.issy@gmail.com> writes:

I've opened an image (a .png) file in an emacs buffer. I'd like to be able to click in the image with the RMB (or any good mouse event), and somehow relate the point the user clicked to the coordinates in the image.

For example, this elisp function gets the x-y position. Suppose it is (609 . 41) I want to know if that is in the box within the image coordinates (( 447.32 199.28) ( 449.7426 199.9871))

Perhaps the :map property of the image descriptor might be of use?

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Image-Descriptors.html

Alexis.