Re: Is gnu.emacs.gnus dead?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Is gnu.emacs.gnus dead?
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 00:49:23 +0100

David Hume <David.Hume@example.com> writes:

> I did a manual post using telnet, and the server
> does not seem to accept the terminating "." for the
> article, whereas the same worked on news.gnus.org
>
> It looks like this:
>
> ==================================== Connected to
> news.gmane.org. Escape character is '^]'.
> 200 news.gmane.org InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.5.1
> ready (posting ok) post 340 Ok, recommended message-ID
> <n45nal$a0v$1@ger.gmane.org> From: David Hume
> <David.Hume@example.com> Newsgroups: gmane.test
> Subject: test 23
>
> This is a manual test
>
> . ==================================== At this point
> there was no response.

Despite this being a very cool thing you did, perhaps
the fruitful entry point is examining your setup at
large. Because I don't think there should be any
problem whatsoever getting Emacs Gnus to post
a message to a common, well-known list/group. Are you
using a normal PC, normal OS, etc.? Do you have very
"creative" Emacs/Gnus configuration?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573