Re: Recognizing quotations in message-mode

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Recognizing quotations in message-mode
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 01:54:29 +0100

> Well, I did this ... which is more or less what
> you've suggested. It's not that I can't code this,
> I just thought that maybe I won't have to reinvent
> the wheel.

Why not? Perhaps this time a"round" you'll discover
something new. The wheel isn't that simple. Beware tho
the hub, the rim, the brake arm and more are all
already "spoke"n for.

> And btw, why use `thing-at-point' and not just
> `char-after'?

Because then you don't have to use the
`save-excursion' and `beginning-of-line' stuff.
Compare:

(defun point-in-quotation-p ()
  (= ?\> (char-after (point-at-bol)) ))

--