Re: Is gnu.emacs.gnus dead?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Is gnu.emacs.gnus dead?
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 04:31:32 +0100

David Hume <David.Hume@example.com> writes:

> It might have been cool, but it doesn't mean I am
> not stupid. What I should have done is the most
> obvious thing, I should have asked google. It seems
> that to post to gmane, I need to be authorized via
> email. As you can see no email is going to get to my
> email address so I was blissfully unaware of
> all that.

Well, yeah!

The first time you post to a gmane group you get
a mail. You answer that mail, and then the post slips
thru. After that you don't have to do it again.

But add another group, and be a first-timer there, you
do the dance again. This sounds like tedious but it is
not because it takes just a few seconds each time and
then it is done.

So, I take it you are not using Gnus for mail as well
as for NNTP? Because if you had, the reply mails would
have been difficult to miss. I didn't think of this,
because obviously I use Gnus for everything :))

Speaking of Gnus and mail, does anyone know what
"nnml" stand for? I did Google that, but contrary to
Comrade Hume I didn't find an answer. Is it "Network
News Mail Layer"?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573