Re: flyspell or ispell keyboard shortcuts instead of middle mouse

From: Dan Espen
Subject: Re: flyspell or ispell keyboard shortcuts instead of middle mouse
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 23:27:42 -0500

DJ <jakep@arqux.com> writes:

> I cannot seem to figure this out. I don't know whether it is flyspell
> or ispell that I should be looking at.
>
> I want to be able to add a word to the dictionary or to accept it for
> the buffer WITHOUT using the middle mouse button and getting a huge
> list of meaningless suggestions.
>
> Are there keyboard shortcuts that would let me add a word without
> stopping and grabbing the mouse? I don't mean when spell checking an
> entire buffer or region. I mean on the fly whenever a word is
> highlighted as misspelled.

Looking at ^H M with flyspell enabled, I find:

Bindings:
M-$: correct words (using Ispell).
M-x flyspell-auto-correct-word: automatically correct word.
M-x flyspell-auto-correct-previous-word:
    automatically correct the last misspelled word.
M-x flyspell-correct-word (or down-mouse-2): popup correct words.

I use M-$.
You might like to create your own bindings for some of the other options.

--
Dan Espen