Re: Can't type in Command Prompt

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: Can't type in Command Prompt
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 15:47:52 +0100

Christen Cromer <ccromer169@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I just downloaded Emacs on my laptop which has windows 10, everything seems
> to work fine but I can't type in the emacs command prompt for some reason.
> And because of that I cannot run my programs. Is there any tips or tricks
> you can give me so that I can fully utilize the software?
>
> With much hope.
>
> *Christen Cromer*

You need to explain your problem in a bit more detail.  What do you mean
by "I can't type in the emacs command prompt"?

Can't you open a terminal?  Can't you type because you are wearing
boxing gloves?  Can you type something, but you get some kind of error?
What did you type?

If you have installed Emacs on Windows, you shouldn't normally have to
type anything at a command prompt anyway.  There should be an
appropriate entry in the list of applications.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about Windows 10.

Cheers,

Loris