ido-find-file

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: ido-find-file
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 15:19:55 -0800 (PST)

Dear Emacs users,

I have been trying out ido-find-file as a replacement for find-file and it was
going really well until I tried to open a directory in dired.

The default in normal find-file is for RET to open a directory in dired, but
with ido-find-file, RET will open a (useless) buffer containing the name of the
files in that directory and C-d is needed to open the directory in dired.

There is no way I'm going to be able to retrain my fingers to do that, and it
is also undesirable behaviour. Is there any way to get ido-find-file to DWIM?

Best regards,
Sam