#org #annotate #lentic.el #annotate.el -- was Re: function to copy org b

From: Gene
Subject: #org #annotate #lentic.el #annotate.el -- was Re: function to copy org buffer substring with link description only
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 13:28:19 -0800 (PST)

This problem of only wanting half of the info encapsulated in an org link
resulted in some possibly-valuable follow-on thoughts.

A few days ago I was familiarizing myself with annotate.el which allows a file
of annotations to be associated with a given file without that file being
modified.
Then today, I noticed org-cliplink

 org-cliplink       20151229.... available  melpa      insert org-mode links

It dawned on me that whether one only wants the URL of a link XOR the
description a link for one's immediate purposes one MIGHT want the otherwise
discarded information to be saved/retained in an annotation file -- perhaps by
functions within annotation.el -- for possible future use, for use in a
bibliography of sorts, etc.

Also, given the ability to use lenticular text with emacs it might be nice if
the target text created by removing the non-descriptive part of an org link
could be treated as lenticular text of sorts wherein the description would used
as if literal text while the URL were retained in some way as a silent,
invisible partner.

Also, the original problem seems ready-made for an org export operation capable
of producing plain text.

Just some food for thought for developers.

Cheers!