Re: Unable to have emacs load my .emacs file (version 24.5.1 on Windows

From: Charles Millar
Subject: Re: Unable to have emacs load my .emacs file (version 24.5.1 on Windows 7)
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 20:22:13 -0500

On 12/30/2015 07:16 PM, smits.gerard.j@gmail.com wrote:
Put your .emacs in C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming

if you happen to be Administator, otherwise substitute your User-name
for Administrator. This is where Emacs thinks your home directory is.

Ed
Ed,  I'm running in Windows 7.  when I evaluate (getenv "home"), it gives me
"z:/"  That is my root/home, so would not my .emacs be expected to be there?  I currently
have it there.
Thanks,  Gerard

What does C-h v user-init-file show? According to the documentation that should return the file name, including directory, of user's initialization file.