Re: `append' vs. `nconc'

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: `append' vs. `nconc'
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2016 14:31:36 +0100

"Pascal J. Bourguignon" <pjb@informatimago.com>
writes:

> list returns a fresh list. ` doesn't. ` may return
> a structure that shares literal substructures
> with others.

I have lots of ' and ` and instead of examining all
those cases I think it is easier to look for the
mutators, and see if ' or ` are used in
their vicinity.

I found this page:

    http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DestructiveOperations

> It's simplier to forget about set and setq, and
> always use setf.

Oh, no! I have 207 `setq' in my initialization!

> That frees two neurons to think about other things.

I think we have spent too much time together lately:
now we are starting to *think* the same way!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573