Re: How do I display pdfs to the right and not below the current window?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: How do I display pdfs to the right and not below the current window?
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2016 01:43:57 +0100

> Now I have another problem.  This code
>
> (split-window-right (round (* 0.5 (window-width window))))
>
> will split the window into "unequal halves".  I understand the reason,

What is the reason?

> but is there a simple way to override this behavior?

Dunno.  I'm no expert, but after reading the doc ("Optional argument
SIZE a positive number means make WINDOW SIZE lines or columns tall.") I
would expect that `window-width' of the new window would return that
value (contrary to `window-text-width', this is a different thing).

Michael.