Re: calwf

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: calwf
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 08:54:58 +0000

>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> writes:

   > In both cases (calwf and weekly-view), I expect that the issue is
   > IOW, these should all be fairly easy to debug by single-stepping
   > through the code and comparing where the execution diverges between the
   > two different emacsen.

The function is question is this one:

(defun week-graph-view-diary-entries ()
  "Prepare and display a buffer with diary entries of the current week.
See `view-diary-entries' for more."
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion
    (calendar-cursor-to-nearest-date)
    (let ((diary-display-hook 'fancy-diary-display-week-graph)
          (day (calendar-day-of-week (calendar-cursor-to-date))))
      (unless (= day calendar-week-start-day)
        (calendar-beginning-of-week 1))
      (view-diary-entries 7))))

I edebugged it and GNU emacs and Xemacs behave exactly the same, till

      (view-diary-entries 7))))
                            ^(same)

      (view-diary-entries 7))))
                              ^(different)

Most of the work is done by the function
fancy-diary-display-week-graph
which is in the diary-display-hook.

However I cannot debug fancy-diary-display-week-graph, in the sense that
the debugger never starts for this function (most likely because it is
in that hook)