Re: Mac: Don't quit Emacs when window is closed

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Mac: Don't quit Emacs when window is closed
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 12:05:13 -0500

In article <mailman.2484.1453090928.843.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
 Random832 <random832@fastmail.com> wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl> writes:
> > Would this help a bit?
> >
> > (setq confirm-kill-emacs #'yes-or-no-p)
>
> The wider issue is that people expect to be able to close all windows
> and keep an app open (the menu remains open).

It's perfectly normal and expected for Mac applications, which is one of
the reasons why the Mac menu bar is attached to the screen, not
individual windows. Some single-window applications automatically quit
when you close that window, but this would be unusual for multi-window
applications.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA