repeating a search a certain number of times

From: Timur Aydin
Subject: repeating a search a certain number of times
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 19:41:56 +0200

Hello,

I have been looking for a way to repeat a search a certain number of times, and from the documentation i have found the search-forward function to do that:

(search-forward "something" nil nil 5)

But unfortunately this isn't bound to a key. The docstring says it is bound to <find>, but I don't know what that means. It isn't a lisp function. I thought maybe it is a menu item, but can't see that in the menu either.

So my question is, how can I bind this to a key so that when I press it, it asks me for the string, then the repetition count and then goes ahead and finds it?

--
Timur