Re: Line indents to middle when editing init.el: what the heck is happen

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: Line indents to middle when editing init.el: what the heck is happening?
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 13:05:38 +1100

Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> writes:

However, when editing init.el and I hit a carriage return, on the new line the caret jumps to the middle of the window on the same line!

Any ideas or advice?

Does this happen from emacs -Q? And could you provide some sample text demonstrating the context in which this behaviour occurs? Off the top of my head, it reminds me of the standard behaviour when one is using a single ';' to indicate ELisp comments.

Alexis.