RE: Icicles for filename insertion in buffer

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Icicles for filename insertion in buffer
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 11:28:30 -0800 (PST)

> Many a times I feel the need to insert the filename into the buffer.
> Example:
> 1.  `(insert (file-name-nondirectory (buffer-file-name)))' when inserting
>     doxygen file comment in a file.
>     Though this need is fulfilled by substituting this code snippet for
>     evaluation in yasnippet. I have a few other uses
> 2.  `(insert-file-name-relative-include-directories)' --- when
>     completing a `# include' directive in a c/c++ programming.
> 3.  Taking notes, and referencing in org-mode.
>     This requirement is more than fulfilled by C-C C-l (org-insert-link)
>
> Is there a way to use the value selected by icicle (variable name?) and
> then trim down prefix using the first match within the sequence of
> include directories and appended with values returned by split-string of
> $CPATH environment variable.

Sorry, but I don't understand your question.

Your #1, #2, and #3 do not seem to be about Icicles.  And I don't
know what function `insert-file-name-relative-include-directories' is.

Wrt the last paragraph, just what do you mean by the "value selected
by icicle"?  I also don't understand the rest of that paragraph (at all).

[I take it that you are not talking about insertion, into the minibuffer,
of a file name at point.  But if you are, just use `M-.' in the minibuffer.
See http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Icicles_-_Inserting_Text_from_Cursor.]