‘truncate’ on (float-time) causes arith range error on 32bit emacs

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: ‘truncate’ on (float-time) causes arith range error on 32bit emacs
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 05:02:56 +0200

Hi all,

I've a little package [1].  A user reported to me this error:

  Contacting host: api.forecast.io:443
  Opening TLS connection to `api.forecast.io'...
  Opening TLS connection with `gnutls-cli --insecure -p 443
api.forecast.io'...done
  Opening TLS connection to `api.forecast.io'...done
  error in process sentinel: let*: Arithmetic range error: "truncate",
1454005216.6590292
  error in process sentinel: Arithmetic range error: "truncate",
1454005216.6590292
  error in process filter: let*: Arithmetic range error: "truncate",
1454005218.8166773
  error in process filter: Arithmetic range error: "truncate",
1454005218.8166773
  error in process sentinel: let*: Arithmetic range error: "truncate",
1454005220.8661127
  error in process sentinel: Arithmetic range error: "truncate",
1454005220.8661127

He is  on a  32bit pc.   These errors come  from a  function in  which I
truncate some timestamps for some math that requires integers.  Is there
a way to convert it to integer w/o error on a 32 bit machine?

Interestingly, these values  don't seem to exceed the limits  for 32 bit
integers, am I wrong?   Is there sth. different going on  that I did not
catch?   I'm  rather  novice  with   elisp,  so  sorry  if  I'm  missing
sth. obvious and blundering the list.

[1] http://gkayaalp.com/emacs.html#forecast.el

Cheers,
 -gk