Re: on ``An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp''

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: on ``An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp''
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 10:22:07 +0100

Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> writes:

> I think you should install Emacs properly - i.e.
> with all the Info manuals.

What you refer to is:

    emacs24-common-non-dfsg

DFSG = Debian Free Software Guidelines

> You use Emacs intensively, you've used it for a long
> time and you've learned a lot about it.

A compliment from the world's most industrious and
energetic island, last outpost of the long-ears -
first with the industrial revolution, punk, the
conquest of Mount Everest (John Hunt), even the
Raspberry Pi - if I had been a girl, I would have been
glowing like phosphorus by now!

> I didn't know you did all that without reading the
> Emacs Lisp Intro. That's like doing it with one hand
> tied behind your back. It also explains odd gaps in
> your knowledge that we've discussed on this list in
> the past.

Mystery solved - Mulder and Scully can relax :)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573