Symbol's function definition is void: locating the code

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Symbol's function definition is void: locating the code
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 16:42:27 +0100

Hi!

I sometimes face errors like this:

"avy-menu: Symbol's function definition is void:
with-current-buffer-window"

OK, so a package misses some function which is probably provided by
another package (missing dependency).

How do I locate the package which is able to provide me the
function?

Most of the time I get lucky by searching the web with the error
message. However, this time (and some other times), I am not able to
find the missing code.

--
All in all, one of the most disturbing things today is the definitive
fact that the NSA, GCHQ, and many more government organizations are