Re: aggressive-indent-mode freezes

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: aggressive-indent-mode freezes
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 21:31:48 +1100

Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it> writes:

Hi all, I'm trying aggresive-indent-mode <https://github.com/Malabarba/aggressive-indent-mode> on my emacs 24.5.1 but if I enable the mode on some source buffer quite long in size (e.g., a php file of around 7k lines) the system becomes unusable: each line I edit Emacs stops responding for a few seconds (I guess to auto-indent). I'm curious if is there anybody else using such mode with success on large sources and if the problem could be on PHP or a specific language.

Using 24.5.3 on an i5-2410M running Debian Jessie x86_64, i just tried editing a copy of org.el, which weighs in at ~24k lines. There was a /slight/ lag - perhaps less than half a second? - but certainly not enough to make editing unworkable.

What hardware and OS are you running Emacs on?

Alexis.