Should ask-user-about-supersession-threat be aware of noninteractive ?

From: richard . sharman
Subject: Should ask-user-about-supersession-threat be aware of noninteractive ? (emacs -batch)
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 12:50:57 -0800 (PST)

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

When running emacs -batch,  if a function modifies a buffer and calls
save-buffer and there is another emacs -batch also updating the same file, one
of them can call ask-user-about-supersession-threat [in userlock.el].

This causes the emacs process to hang because read-char-choice never returns.
(I have a traceback which I could post but is lengthy (91 levels!);  it ends at
pselect and frame 2 is wait_reading_process_output.)

This happened when running make -j 6 and I changed the scenario to not happen,
but I wondered if ask-user-about-supersession-threat should be act upon
variable noninteractive.

Or is one supposed to supply a replacement for
ask-user-about-supersession-threat if running emacs in batch mode?

Thanks,
Richard

--
This e-mail (including any attachments) is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or