Re: pinyin character input

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: pinyin character input
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:32:57 +0100

Haines Brown <haines@histomat.net> writes:

> I am using chinese-py input method, but there is a character I cannot
> generate. It is ji (first tone), a polite address to a woman.  When I
> enter "ji", the character I want is not an option. Is this a font
> limitation or should I be entering the "ji" somehow with the first
> tone?

If this is what you want:

    ~姬  ~姬      jī              A suffix used for a female friend, maiden.
"Guniang" (Chinese: 姑娘; pinyin: gūniang) is sometimes used.

After typing "ji", it shows up as first one on the fifth page of the
candidates.  (Use arrow down to see next page)

--
William

And in the heartbreak years that lie ahead,
Be true to yourself and the Grateful Dead.
                -- Joan Baez