Re: Making sure I'm not checking email (or doing other things) too often

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Making sure I'm not checking email (or doing other things) too often
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 01:48:29 +0100

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

> Mathematician, engineer... Mathematicians are the
> engineers of abstraction (/me runs for cover)

What is that joke?

Biology is applied chemistry which is applied physics
which is applied math which is applied logic!

But only inexperienced (young) people deduct from this
that logic is "purer" or cooler than biology...

Just venture into an old-growth forest ("ancient
woodland" to the UK people) and see for yourself what
is cooler... (It is "urskog" in Swedish which is
"paleo forest" or "primeval forest" which - the
second - is listed on the Wikipedia page for
"old-growth forest" [1] as meaning the same.)

This definition is better: If it's still, it is
physics. If it moves, it is biology. And if it blows
up, it is chemistry!

:)

"What a reaction!"

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old-growth_forest