Re: Help setting up POP3 email (rmail)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Help setting up POP3 email (rmail)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 23:41:37 +0100

<cptvlaze@tutamail.com> writes:

> I've started using emacs today, so I'm a total
> newbie at this time. I want to read my GMX email
> from emacs, using POP3 and rmail, but I just don't
> know where to start. I've read lots of wikis and
> manuals and I'm completely lost. Could somebody
> throw a bit of light over this? Thank you.

I'd recommend Gnus instead of Rmail for reasons of
technology but also because you'll come across more
people using Gnus so for a beginner it will be easier
to get help.

Here is a good tutorial:

    https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusTutorial

You need to have your GMX data ready. Then just write
the Elisp forms exactly as in the tutorial but insert
your account data - e.g.,

    (setq mail-sources '((pop :server "pop.provider.org"
                              :user "you"
                              :password "secret")))

and a few (not many) others which are
also straightforward.

If you don't get it to work ask again and include your
configuration file and it won't take us long,
God willing.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573