Re: Rendering buffer to HTML from command line script

From: Gene
Subject: Re: Rendering buffer to HTML from command line script
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 12:41:12 -0800 (PST)

On Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 5:07:43 PM UTC-5, Stéphane Travostino wrote:

> If I modify the theme to disable these terminal requirements options,
> htmlfontify renders correctly.
>
> That's probably a long shot, but is it possible to either force a
> particular terminal configuration from command line, or force-enable all
> theme faces?

I found the following in the docs for a package named faces+

 (eval-after-load "faces" '(require 'faces+))

> For example, (display-color-cells) in X returns 16777216, while I get 0
> when executed from the script; that's probably part of the problem.
>
> Why am I doing this: I want to create an Emacs theme browser web
> application which creates a preview of any theme against a few different
> file formats

> I want an headless Emacs to create the HTML preview.

You might want to consider invoking emacs-nox (EG emacs with No x-windows
support) as you mentioned `headless' emacs.
To speed things up you might want to consider using the --quick option.

I know this might be more general than you'd like, but it's all that comes to
mind at the moment.

Cheers!
  Gene