Re: Even more Gnus material: we made the paper!

From: Jonathan Groll
Subject: Re: Even more Gnus material: we made the paper!
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 08:51:56 +0200

On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 02:07:49 +0100, Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:
> And of course, Emacs is just one of the wide variety
> of "terminal-" or "shell-based" tools with which users
> operate their computers and use the Internet without
> the need for a graphical interface. Emanuel goes on to
> say he considers himself "text-based" and has largely
> "bypassed the Web." Other similar accounts can be
> easily found online of users who prefer "the warm glow
> of a green screen full of text over the cold
> blockiness of a graphical interface."

Like most of us, I do mostly have a text-based view of life although,
under X Emacs lets me view office docs, JPEGS and PDFs and surfing
with w3m under X is hardly "text-only". Then again, if we look at it
like that, there would hardly have been a point to the article and the
author wanted to get their point across!

Cheers,
Jonathan
--
jjg: Jonathan J. Groll : groll co za