Re: Unicode Strings in Emacs Info C-h i

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: Unicode Strings in Emacs Info C-h i
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2016 23:39:53 +1100

tomas@tuxteam.de writes:

My hunch is that Emacs displays the correct (Unicode) characters, but that you don't have a suitable font (set).

As a first approach, put point on one of those little boxes and enter

  M-x describe-char

What happens?

You might want to install a more complete font. Unless you *want* to have (non-ascii) Unicode characters displayed as \u2018, that is. In that case... there should be an option for that, but I'd have to look it up, sorry.

Something i've found really useful to help maximise the number of Unicode glyphs available for display is the `unicode-fonts` package:

https://github.com/rolandwalker/unicode-fonts

which is available from MELPA:

http://melpa.org/#/unicode-fonts

Alexis.