Re: cperl-mode: how to turn off autoinsertion of everything?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: cperl-mode: how to turn off autoinsertion of everything?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 10:09:45 -0500

> I'm using GNU Emacs 24.5.1 on OSX 10.11.3.  I recently upgraded emacs from
> v22 and now cperl-mode is behaving differently -- it's "helpfully"
> inserting things like braces and newlines when it thinks it should.

I tried "emacs-24.5 -Q ~/tmp/foo.perl -f cperl-mode" and then started editing
the file, and it doesn't insert anything like braces and newlines
for me.  All it does in this category is auto-insert/remove spaces to
indent lines when I hit RET.

So the behavior you describe is not part of Emacs's default behavior and
is instead due to some local configuration.

        Stefan