Re: `completing-read` without RET

From: Oleh Krehel
Subject: Re: `completing-read` without RET
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:01:55 +0200

egarrulo <egarrulo@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a function with the same behaviour of `completing-read`,
> except that it doesn't need RET when only one completion exists?

I've made an implementation for my bookmarks a long time ago:

    https://github.com/abo-abo/headlong

I still use it and it works fine. As soon as there is only one match,
the completion will exit. Example:

    (headlong-with
     (completing-read "Test: " '("a" "b" "c") nil t))

Hopefully it's still useful, I was going through this mailing list just
now.

    Oleh