Re: the evil f11

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: the evil f11
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 18:05:36 +0000

    > Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

    > I don't know if it makes any difference, but my key definitions don't
    > have parens around the function key name:

I deleted the parenthesis and it did not make a difference. I repeat:

If I do (with or without parenthesis)

(global-set-key [(f11)]   'capitalize-word)
                                           ^ C-x C-e

The binding is done.

If I put that line in my init file
the key is bound.

But if I have it in another file (byte compiled or not) which is loaded
by my init file then f11 is *not* bound.

It starts to look like a bug to me. Maybe some of the developers can say
something about it, if not I submit a bug report.

Uwe