Re: Help debugging a backtrace

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Help debugging a backtrace
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:59:05 +0000

I use the exact same config on my RHEL machine and on phone.

After gradually commenting out stuff, I figured out that the file-path-less
((require . finder-inf)) gets added to load-history when I do

(require 'package)

.. even with (package-initialize) commented out.

So with just (require 'package) and many packages installed in my elpa/ dir
(none of them are loaded or required), I get that faulty entry in
load-history.

Any further tips to debug this?
In the meanwhile, I will try to go through package.el to understand what's
happening.

Kaushal Modi