Re: Mail posting in newsgroups in Gnus

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Mail posting in newsgroups in Gnus
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 16:33:33 -0600

Bob Proulx wrote:
> N. Raghavendra wrote:
> > Bob Proulx wrote:
> > > Your address is both whitelisted and subscribed.  Therefore you have
> > > both posted and have subscribed.  There will be no moderation of your
> > > messages unless you change your address.
> >
> > Thanks for the clarification.  I have now created a Gmail account for
> > reading mailing lists, and have subscribed it to this list.  I am
> > posting this message from there.
>
> All looks to be working okay. :-)

Emanuel asked me how I could say things were working okay when
obviously there were all of these problems.  And a good question.
Certainly fair enough.  I was ambiguous in what I said above.

In the above I was speaking specifically about the mailing lists.
Imagine a Venn diagram with many overlapping circles.  One circle is
mailing list.  One is Savannah.  Savannah has several circles for
different parts of it.  One is the web pages on different machines.
And so forth.  One is network connectivity which touches everything.

Here in the above I was specifically referring to email through the
mailing lists.  The anti-spam listhelper part.  The Mailman part.
In conversing with Raghu here about his email and subscriptions and
mailing list I think everything associated with that is working
normally.

As to the larger network connectivity problems...  Those problems are
continuing.  They are severe.  They are intermittent.  They are
frustrating.  But not related to the mailing list subscription issues
and mail through Gmane and Gmail and so forth.  Separate things.  And
separate things have separate problems.

Hope this helps,
Bob