Re: erc: turn off room enter/leave announcements

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: erc: turn off room enter/leave announcements
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 19:39:32 +0200

Carlos Konstanski <ckonstanski@pippiandcarlos.com>
writes:

> I have tried and failed to find a way to turn off
> notifications in erc chatrooms whenever someone
> enters or leaves the room. Can it be done?
> If so, how?

Indeed, the question is always how!

Try this:

    (setq erc-hide-list         '("QUIT" "JOIN" "KICK" "NICK" "MODE"))

More interesting ERC stuff:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/emacs-init/erc-my.el

Watch it tho - implicit nox!

PS. I send this to you as a mail as well, as my posts
    to gnu.emacs.help are all queued up at the
    moment. If you want to tell the list if it works
    or not, be sure to quote me carefully as they
    probably don't get to see the original post.

                   - so far: 30 Blogomatic articles -