Re: Understanding after-make-frame-functions

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Understanding after-make-frame-functions
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 23:42:43 +0000

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 7:35 PM Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is a little snippet for testing
>
> ===== temp.el =====
> (add-hook 'after-make-frame-functions (lambda (frame) (message "frame:
> %S")))
> =====

I have a typo above; it should be

(add-hook 'after-make-frame-functions (lambda (frame) (message "frame: %S"
frame)))

When you run "emacs -Q -l temp.el&", the above message will not be printed.
> But it prints fine when emacs is launched in daemon mode.

On non-daemon emacs, that lambda form is never executed. On emacsclient, I
see

frame: #<frame emacs@<my host> 0x2b299e8>

Kaushal Modi