Emacs 24.5.1 has wrong charset on yanked text with Windows (was: Operati

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Emacs 24.5.1 has wrong charset on yanked text with Windows (was: Operating on yanked region)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 14:13:52 +0200

* Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 5:07 PM, Karl Voit <devnull@karl-voit.at> wrote:
>
>> When I paste text from a Windows application to my Emacs (running
>> mainly Org-mode), I get wrong charset.
>>
>> For correcting such wrong character sets, I want to write a function
>> that corrects the charset.
>
> I cannot help with your needs,

That's OK.

Besides the good points regarding charset below, I still need to
search&replace some things on the yanked region.

> but you should not have to jump through
> hoops just to get text encoding right, as long as the originating
> application puts Unicode text on clipboard. (And I’m pretty convinced
> Outlook does.)

How can I test this?

> If Emacs on Windows takes encoded text from clipboard when Unicode is
> available, it’s a bug in Emacs.

I am using a pre-compiled GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i686-pc-mingw32) of
2015-04-11 on LEG570.

Yes, I'd prefer when Emacs yanks the text in the correct charset
which it doesn't at my side.

Can somebody confirm this wrong behaviour?

How can I help?

--
All in all, one of the most disturbing things today is the definitive
fact that the NSA, GCHQ, and many more government organizations are