Re: Spelling correction keyboard fumble

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Spelling correction keyboard fumble
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 15:20:53 -0000

Loris Bennett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In a buffer using flyspell with a German dictionary, I had just typed
>
>   In adfrc.sh steht
>
> when I had a keyboard fumble and hit some random keys.  The above got
> changed to
>
>   In Afrika.sh steht
>
> In *Messages* I found:
>
>   Corrections: Africa Africa Aelfric defrock unfrock offtrack adfrc Africa
> Aelfric
>
> Does anyone know what function I called and, correspondingly, which keys
> I must have hit?

Probably `C-;`, which is bound to `flyspell-auto-correct-previous-word'.

You know, you can always use `C-h l` (view-lossage) to find out what
keys you just pressed. In Emacs 25, it even displays the commands the
keys you pressed are bound to.

> And why is the list of corrections in English?

Mmm... The obvious answer would be that `ispell-local-dictionary` is set
to "english" or some equivalent, but given that the corrected word is
"Afrika", which is obviously German, that can't be the case. So put me
down for a "beats me".

--
Joost Kremers                                   joostkremers@fastmail.fm
EN:SiS(9)