Re: Copying .emacs.d

From: Eric Brown
Subject: Re: Copying .emacs.d
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 20:08:16 -0500

Rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

Is it ok to copy over .emacs.d from one machine to another (assume similar OS)?

I am specifically thinking of packages and elpa directory -- is there some kind
of fingerprinting or is it legitimate?

Context: I'd like to setup one minimal box for my students and then
they can copy over .emacs.d from there to their laptops

An example of a package that might not transfer is pdf-tools, as it has
a compiled binary.