Re: Gnus shows duplicate groups

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Gnus shows duplicate groups
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2016 12:20:45 +0200

Matthias Pfeifer <mpfeifer77@gmail.com> writes:

> C-k works well! Even after if I restart the
> undesired groups are still vanished!
>
> Thank you!
>
> However I keep wondering why there are two
> groups for each imap folder...

Well, IMAP is advanced. One can think of
several possibilities. Perhaps one is the local
representation, and one the server? But this is
a wild guess, just like that computer game,
"Wild Arms" (Google "Wild Arms Theme" for
a song with good karma by the way).

IMAP is more advanced than POP. Here is an
article - or small text I should say - but it
doesn't go into details and certainly doesn't
answer this specific question.

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/blogomatic/gnus/rmail-gnus-pop-and-imap.html

But now when you have killed one group, perhaps
you'll find out its purpose :)

                   - so far: 47 Blogomatic articles -